Thursday, March 19, 2009

Revelations of a Long Lost Blogger

My goodness, I simply have not posted a true post in ages! So, I thought I'd do one now. Here goes!

Mae govannen to all! How is everyone? I am doing well. School keeps me quite busy, along with play practice and sword class. At present, I have a small role in The House of the Seven Gables...where I play a snob, a gossip, and a ghost. What does that say about me, huh? :D I am also learning two pieces that I shall perform in an examination for LAMDA: London Academy of Musical and Dramatic Arts. A judge comes all the way from London and watches us perform to see if we are to be LAMDA qualified. It looks good on a resume, and that's what I am shooting for.

As for swords class...ah...I love it. I now have a steel broadsword (which I have not named yet..any ideas?), and was happy to use it in our Princess and the Kiss performance. Lately, I have gone to the sabre portion of their class, where they teach us to fight in a style that resembles Will Turner's more than our usual full-throttle, trying to kill you Aragornishness. Both are fun. I am not sure which I like better.

The weather is warming up a bit now, and the signs of spring have readily begun to show themselves. The trees are green with new life, the birds are a-twitter, and a fresh breeze is blowing...simply beautiful. And the smells! I love the smell of spring. A mixture of all things growing and green. Mmm.......

Blessings to all!
Just a thought.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy howdy howdy!!
Haven't seen you around in a while! I am changing my blog name, to 'Thoughts of a Shieldmaiden' at 'www.thoughtsofashieldmaiden.blogspot.com I think. :)

Araken said...

Huh...everyone's thinking...showoffs...

~Just*Flinn~ said...

lol Thoughts are a wonderous thing!

Shelby said...

I love spring. Wow, I wish I could sword-fight. That would be so cool. *sighs*

Caleb said...

Where do you learn to sword-fight!!!!!? That is sooooo coool!!!! I would love to be able to do that. All I get to do is create wooden swords and fight it out with my bros. We have an armory of swords, shields, and axes, all made of wood of course. My littlest bro. made a steel sword with my dad so that was neat lol. I've been thinking of creating some longer steel swords. I also learned how to make a dagger out of a file! I know a file? But yeah it's pretty cool. Keep up your guard!

~Caleb

P.S. "On guard!" :D

~Just*Flinn~ said...

lol Well, there's a class where I live that teaches theatrical swordfighting...like what you would see in Star Wars, Pirates, or LOTR, so naturally I joined up. But they also show us how to do combat, which leans more towards realistic fighting. We wear helms and wack away! It's great fun!

Camden said...

Sweet, I hope that the LAMDA stuff goes well! Ah, spring in the air...

~Elliot

Caleb said...

How did you find the sword classes? Is there a way to find classes where I live?

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Well, I would love it if we were able to take it abroad, but our particular class is only in my area. Look around though. It's worth it!

Caleb said...

The only stuff I found in my area was Karate and fencing school. Like just fencing for competitions. No theatrical sword-play schools that I found.

Anonymous said...

I'm making you a banner! :)
See ya Monday!

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Hannon le!!! I am most grateful!!!!!!

Shelby said...

Q: What is "The Hidden Hand" about?

IdinaTook said...

Oh, look. It's already been ANOTHER age since you've posted. ;D Just messin' with ya! *hearts and xo's* :P

~Just*Flinn~ said...

The Hidden Hand is a classic novel. It's sort of a mystery set in the 1800's. I LOVE IT.

Shelby said...

Oh, cool! I'll have to check it out.

Caleb said...

What broadsword do you have?

Shelby said...

Q: Do you like Prince Caspian better in the books or the movie? I like him better in the movie, b/c I always pictured him as older than a teen. I can't picture a blond Caspian, either. lol

~Just*Flinn~ said...

I have a Hanwei Norman sword. I'm not a huge fan of the spoon tip, but I love it all the same.

I despised Prince Caspian in the film. I'm sorry! :) It is just that I always thought of him as small and blond...and then he's tall, dark, and 26. Humph. lol

Shelby said...

Well, I guess everyone has their differing opinions. Then again, the world would be boring if we were all clones, wouldn't it? lol. Did you ever picture Lucy with blond hair? Because she is supposed to. I always thought of her as a brown-head, so I'm glad they deviated from the book in that area.

(Then again, I despise Orlando Bloom as Legolas, so we're even I guess. :D )

I wish they'd make The Horse and His Boy. I want to see the talking horses, and what's-'is-name turn to a donkey. lol.

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Oh, I adore the Horse and His Boy!! And, yes..I always saw Lucy as dark haired.

Shelby said...

The Horse and His Boy is probably one of my favorites...it ties with The Silver Chair. The Last Battle, though, is my favorite of all.

I never really caught that Lucy was supposedly blond until a few years ago. I just ignored it, though. lol.

Did you know that Georgie Henley's older sister played the grown-up Lucy in LWW?

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Yes! I thought that was so neat!