Thursday, May 14, 2009

Be Careful When You Read Aloud....



Greetings all!




I have stumbled onto a true treasure among books! Or, into I should say! Inkheart is a truly breath-taking novel by Cornelia Funke. I haven't read such a good book in a long time! It's got thrills, chills, laughs, cries, the whole nine yards!




Ever wish that you could speak with some of your favorite literary friends...such as Legolas, Captain Valithor, or Peter Pan? If you're a Silvertongue, that power is yours. Simply read aloud the words on a page and these characters leave their world behind and enter yours! But the consequences are dire, especially if you read in an accidental villian or two. And some characters, like my particular favorite in this novel named Dustfinger, simply wish to go home. But once read out, they can never be read back in. Or can they? I have fallen in love with this book. It is amazingly well written, holds your interest, and if you're a real book lover, you'll simply die at some of the things that happen! But you'll have to read it (or watch it if you want a watered down version) to see for yourself!!!

6 comments:

Araken said...

I heard about that book. It sounds pretty good, but I heard the movie wasn't too great.

Violinist4Christ said...

I haven't read the book, but I liked the movie! I would have read the book, but I've been told that there's a lot of language in it, so I decided to not read it.

-V4C

~Just*Flinn~ said...

There is a bit of language, yes. It spawns from an angry old lady, a worried father, and villians. The movie's magic comes only from the thought of being able to read characters out of books. But it was entertaining still.

Anonymous said...

I thought the book was a bit odd, but good. :)
I liked Dustfinger.
I can't wait till the movie is out!!
I have the poster for it (magazine size) on my wall.
Hey, I've MISSED YOU!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?
I said in a comment on my blog, you have a good point.
But, I love Legolas, so I dont' mind =D

Unknown said...

that is a great book and movie. The movie was different from the book! When she writes on her arm I was thinking, " What?" But all in all it was a god movie.

Ian said...

I haven't seen the movie. I have read Inkheart, and I really liked it, but I didn't think the sequel was nearly as good.

:)Ian(: