Wednesday, August 6, 2008

On Loosing a Friend

Wow. She was only 20. How could this happen? She was always healthy. Her family is so intuned with God. I can't believe it...

Those were some of the thoughts that flitted through my mind last night when I heard the news. You see, there is a family that my family has known for...what...maybe 7, 8 years? Anyway, they have 7 children, and one I was very close to. She, myself, and another friend made up this trio of best friends that went EVERYWHERE together. But then I had to move away, and I lost contact with her. My parents kept in touch, but as time moved on, we didn't talk as much anymore.

Well, a few days ago I was informed that my friend's oldest sister was in badly ill in an ICU room. Over the past couple of days she would get better, get worse, get better, etc. Well, yesterday, we all thought she had taken a turn for the better. She seemed to be improving. But last night, the Lord called her to His side.

I couldn't imagine the grief that family was feeling. That my friend was feeling. I myself have a sister, and can't even fathom life without her.

As my heart aches, I think about life and time. She was only 20...20! She was beautiful. She loved the Lord. Her family loved her. Her friends loved her. Her voice was amazing. She was smart. She had everything going for her....

And now, she's gone.

Life is short. It's what you do with your life that counts eternally. Now she stands in the full glory of her saviour...and I almost envy her.

Use the time you were given to serve the Lord and do His will.

That's living.


*~*~*
In Memory of Lauren
*~*~*

3 comments:

Camden said...

Life is short. I was watching an interview on Larry King Live and Larry King was interviewing the Chapman family. If you didn't already know the story, one of Steven Curtis Chapman's sons was pulling into their driveway when their 5 year old daughter ran to greet him. He didn't see her, and just like that, the 5 year old was dead. Larry King asked how the family was coping with her death, and they told him 'God gets us through it.'

Death is a tradegy, at least partly. It is a true tradegy if the person who passed away did not know Christ, but all deaths contian saddness to the people here on earth. But although death is a saddness, it can also be a driving force, a force to do something for the Lord. The death of others can show us how short life is, and can be a driving force to use the time that we have to live for the Lord.

I'm glad Lauren was a believer, and I'm glad that you'll be able to see her again. Maybe you can introduce me to her!

~Elliot

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Oh, she was amazing. She was an absolute light in this dark world, and nothing could stop her from shining. Her life was one that held no regrets. She was an awsome young woman, bent on serving God in EVERYTHING she did. I hope I leave behind the kind of legacy Lauren did.

Andrew Clarke said...

One of my sons lost a friend, aged 21, earlier this year. He was a talented musician. It hurts! I can't pretend to know the mind of God and say why. The comfort I've felt for a long time is that those we know in the Lord, are not gone forever, just until we meet again after Jesus' Second Coming. One Christian preacher at a funeral put it this way: "We weep not for the deceased, their trouble are over. We weep for ourselves because we miss them." That's not to say we're selfish - just that we feel the hurt. Blessings.