Friday, May 16, 2008

Prince Caspian


Well, I saw it and I have just one word to say: AMAZING!!!

I loved it! Totally better fight scenes, tons of action shots, and the duel...ah. The heavenly duel. Although it is kind of painful. I loved it!

Peter was rather sarcastic and a bit bitter in the beginning and a little bit in the middle, but I didn't mind so much, because he reminded me of Peter in the Bible. In Prince Caspian, Peter comes back thinking that he will be in charge again, and sort of leaves Aslan out of the picture. He ends up falling flat on his face and messes some major things up, and he finally sees in the end that it is Aslan that is really behind victory. At first, he only shouts: For Narnia! But by the end he's proclaiming, For Aslan. Peter in the Bible often got a big head about things it seemed. He too was over-zealous, always jumping into things. And then he would fall and come crawling back to Christ again.


Just a thought,

Flinn

5 comments:

Ian said...

Yeah....pride can sort of suck sometimes...I know, I've been there. :)

:)Ian(:

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Yes, me too. Which is why I gave Peter a little of a break. It wasn't the run of the mill, jump in and save the day fantasy for him. He had to learn through his mistakes. Even if it cost him lives.

Araken said...

That scene stuck with me for a long time. I still can't get it out of my head. At first I thought he was going to go back. It does really show how pride can cause destruction and death. Nice comparison, flinn, I didn't see that.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that one scene when they're leaving Miraz's castle (which WASN'T in the book!) and then a bunch of them get trapped inside almost made me cry.
But yeah, I kinda gave Peter a break too, partly becauseI can relate to some of his pride issues, and partly 'cause he's a great character!

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Oh my goodness! That part was so sad! I...um...tend to cry in movies or books when others do and the look on Peter's face made me cry!