Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Vacation

I must apologize for not being on here in so long! I'm on vacation! We went to Williamsburg, VA and that was really fun. The town was neat! Being a real American Revolution buff, it was great! Then we went to Yorktown, another YES! Then Jamestown. On the way out we went to Mount Vernon, G. Washinton's home and it was gorgeous! Now I am in Washington D.C.! Day one I went to the Lincoln Memorial and it was so big! I never thought it was that huge! Also saw the Reflecting Pool and the Washington Monument. Day two we toured the Capitol Building and the Pentagon. We also hit the Library of Congress, but sadly the Reading Room was closed. :( And today we got a tour of the White House! REALLY neat. Just after that we went to National Archives and saw the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, The Bill of Rights...etc. I could hear the National Treasure theme song in my head the whole time! Well, that's my update. Gtg!

7 comments:

Araken said...

Wow! That sounds really awesome!! I've been to williamsburg! That place is sa-weet, especially the armory with the fence of pointy sticks used to keep away cavalry.

What's D.C. like in terms of size? I'm curiouso.

Yay! 1st to comment and glad to find another National Treasure fan. (well, of the 1st one, at least)

Paris said...

Oh man, I would be thinking about National Treasure the whole time! I love that movie. #2 is really good too.

~Just*Flinn~ said...

Washington D.C. is really big. Everything is so spread out and our feet were killing us! Over the four days we were there we easily walked 20 miles. But it was really fun.

Poor Ryley's Ferrari!

Edge said...

I was in DC a month ago, and the Reading Room, alas, was closed then. I was so mad. It was on my list of National Treasure sites to hit (glad there are fans here:-) I listened to the soundtrack on my iPod while I was there. I know what you mean about walking - we walked SO much.

Please don't mention the Ferrari. That hurts me. It sounds great, but the kid can't drive.

Edge said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot to answer your question about pictures for blog backgrounds. It isn't a picture - it's actually a template. If you google 'blogger templates', you can find a million different kinds. I'll change mine someday - to another car, most likely. If you have any other template questions, fire away!

Araken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camden said...

That would be awesome! I would love going to D.C, but I haven't yet. Did you know that some people think that the hands of the Lincoln Memorial are actually in the shape of an 'A' and 'L' for the initials of Abe Lincoln!

~Elliot