Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Nursing Home Minstrels

Today some of my friends and I went to the local nursing home and Christmas caroled (if that's a word, which I highly doubt). I told one girl with us that we probably looked like a group of traveling minstrels. We walked down each hall with one person on guitar, one on bongos, and the rest singing along. My friend then replied that it looked like a Hippie Christmas!!! It was fun to minister to those people...some of which have just been dumped there to live out the rest of their days alone. The smiles, the clapping, and the few that sang or simply mouthed the words made you feel you had made their day. I hope they had as much fun as I did, which sounds kinda funny about a nursing home. But it was an act of service, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Just a thought from,

A Sindarin Nock

No comments: