Monday, April 21, 2008

My Grandfather

First off, I want to thank you guys for your prayers. It's good to have people lifting you up. I really appreciate you guys!

Second of all, I am semi-sad, semi-proud to say that he passed away this morning. It was rather sudden, but I'm not all that sad about it, because I am absolutely sure that at this moment he is in heaven right now. And, I'm almost positive that the first thing he did was rush into the arms of his Lord. But the second thing was run straight to my grandmother's arms and swing her around in a giant bear hug.

Last night, I was kind of thinking about my grandmother, and thinking over the last day with her. The last thing I told her was that I loved her. I believe that's the last thing I told him too, besides perhaps a short phone call wondering if my mom was home. Yesterday my mom went to visit him at the hospital and when she left, my grandfather said,
"Tell them girls I love them." My mom replied, "Ok, I will, Dad."
"Don't you forget," he pressed.
"I will, Dad!" And then my mom left.

So, since I know that he's in heaven right now, it's not that hard to let him go. I feel, once again, thrown into Aidan's shoes, and now I mirror his thoughts...

"It's ok Mom," said Aidan. It's ok.

Flinn

3 comments:

Camden said...

I, along with many other people can feel your pain. I know the feeling when a Grandfather, much more a Christian Grandfather dies, that semi-sad semi-proud feel you were talking about. My Grandfather died of a sudden heart attack, but he was indeed a Christian, so that feeling I can share. I'll keep your family in my prayers!

~Elliot

Ian said...

*sighs* my grandpa is not a Christian, at least as far as I know. I was told that he wasn't, by any rate.

I've never had someone very close to me die, although one of our church's new worship pastors was killed in a car accident not even a year ago.

I'm really happy for your grandfather right now, though - so not matter how semi-sad you get, just remember how happy you should be for him.

I wonder if he can see you right now....and the rest of us?? Hmmmmm....I have those half-feelings about my own death!

:)Ian(:

Shelby Marie said...

I know how you feel, but then again I don't. My grandfather died several years ago, but he was not a Christian, making it far harder to cope with.
I am glad your grandfather was a believer, Flinn! He is celebrating in Heaven, and you'll see him again someday!
Shelby Marie