Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Miracle

I was reading Ian's post about God's miracles and that inspired me to write about a miracle that has happened to me.

It was my first day of kindergarten. I was riding in the car on the way to a viewing for an elderly man that had passed away at our church. It frustrated me that I couldn't look out the window, because my dad had a suit hanging up blocking it. Well, we went around a sharp corner, and another car came flying towards us in the opposite direction. Before we knew what happened, BOOM! We got hit. Glass shattered, my sister screamed. When we came to a stop, we all got out, shaking, but not seriously injured. Looking at the car we found that the window by me was completely shattered, but I didn't have hardly a scratch on me. Do you know what saved me? My dad's suit! It caught all the glass that would have busted all over me!

We found out later that the very day of the wreck, our pastor suddenly felt the urge to pray for our dad and family. Our God works in amazing ways, doesn't He? Praise be to Him from whom all blessings flow!

3 comments:

Ian said...

Amazing...God works in interesting ways, which often annoy us at first. For example, Just a couple of weeks ago, I came home from school with another family. They dropped me off at my house, and I didn't have my key. OF course, no one was home, so for twenty minutes I waited outside. Two days later, still not having found my key, I worried that it had been stolen at school.

Now, a few weeks earlier, the back pocket of my good jeans had been ripped half off. So on the Sunday morning two days after I forgot my key, my mom told me to change into some different pants for a few minutes so she could fix the pocket for church. So I changed into some different pants from my drawer, habitually put my hand in the pocket, and found my key! And, I had been very annoyed at my mom for telling me to change...

God seems to like to snap our lives, twist them around, and reconnect them. And it always works.

:)Ian(:

Anonymous said...

Wow, God is so incredible! I love to hear about how he works in peole's lives like that! It is awsome! I don't really remember anything like that happening to me off the top of my head, but I will get back to ya!

By the way, yesterday night a bunch of people from AWANA went roller-skating! It was TONS of fun! We did races and I was the fastest in my heat! Cool!
Thank God that no body was hurt.

Oh yeah, one of the boys from my youth group broke his arm when we went up to Mt. Baker ten days ago. Pray for him! It totally stinks having a broken arm! I should know...

Araken said...

Yeah, God does amazing things. HERE IS A MIRACLE FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE THAT GOD CARES ABOUT THE LITTLE THINGS-

Ok, it was the best of time- never mind. It was the weekend, and I had forgotten one of my binders at school. It's always locked on the weekends, but I went anyway. I tried the door, and it opened! I got my book. As I left, I saw another kid and his mom trying to get in, USING THE SAME DOOR. But they couldn't get it!!!! That's amazing. (oh yeah, I let the other people in)

God is sooo amazing!