Friday, February 1, 2008

We Were Soldiers

Hello All!

I haven't had much to say over the past few days. But yesterday I watched We Were Soldiers. I really enjoyed it, 'cause I'm the kind of girl that would WAY rather see a war film than a chick flick. Anyhoo, the movie really reminded me that we take our soldiers for granted. Sure, we know there's fighting going on, but it seems so distant. But people loose their lives for our country everyday. Anti-war protests make me sick. I understand, war is...well...war. But at the same time, isn't it supposed to make you proud? All those men willing to die for your rights, or the freedom of others? If you were in their shoes and you came home after all that time away from your family and country, wouldn't it hurt you to see that all that you sacrificed was being thrown in your face? I am a firm supporter of our troops. After all, it's not them that makes the war. They just obey an order. I am proud to be an American, and I am proud to support our troops in Iraq.

1 comment:

IdinaTook said...

I liked it! It was cool!