Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rafting

How many of you guys have ever been white water rafting? I have, and let me tell you it's one of the most amazing and terrifying things I've ever done and hope to do in the future. You're sopping wet and the only sounds you hear are the roaring of the water, your heart beating frantically, and you're guide yelling commands. Right one, left two, back two, reverse! In chuch today we were talking about the Holy Spirit and that got me to thinking about river guides. Why? You might be asking me. But if you think about it, the Spirit is kinda like the great Guide that directs your boat through Life's River. Some times the current is easy and things are smooth sailing. It tends to be easier to listen to the Guide then. But when the River gets crazy and the water is raging around you, it's harder to hear him. If you try to listen even when things get out of control, most of the time you end up alright. You might be wet and cold afterwards, but you survive. But, if you shut out the Guide when he is giving you commands and start paddling your own boat, most likely you'll hit a Rock and capsize. Maybe this is really random. Anyway, that's what I've been thinking.

Just a Thought:

Flinn-Fan-of-the-Twins

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHITE WATER RAFTING IS SOOOOOOOO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is one of my all-time favorite sports in the world, although I have only done it once during a retreat for my friend's youth group. It is sooo cool! You are totally right about it being like Life, in certain ways.
Kailani
PS I commented on some earlier posts, just so ya know.

~Just*Flinn~ said...

I love the feeling when you are cresting a big wave, and then go crashing back to the river. It's amazing!

Anonymous said...

That's SOO incredible! I LOVE the feeling! When I first got on the raft with y best friend, I was SO freaked out and nervous I couldn't talk! I felt sure that I would fall over and be washed away and smashed against the rocks. But I prayed non-stop and God took away my fear and I had the time of my life! God is so great!